.NET Standard + Custom Renderer

RexHopeRexHope PHMember ✭✭
edited July 2017 in Xamarin.Forms

Hi all,

I would like to ask if is it possible to have a custom renderer while using .NET Standard?
I am trying to upgrade my PCL to .NET Standard (due to the needs of some libraries of .net) however, seems like my custom renderers can't manage to find the reference to my .net standard library. So if it is possible, can I ask how can I do this? I appreciate all the help. Thanks!

Answers

• NamyslawSzymaniukNamyslawSzymaniuk USMember ✭✭✭✭

I've moved to NETStandard, and didn't faced any issued with my Custom Renderers

• RexHopeRexHope PHMember ✭✭

@NamyslawSzymaniuk said:

Oh my god, really? Well, what I did was I have this existing solution, created a new .net standard library and copy-pasted my code from the PCL to the .NET Standard.. And boom, it exploded, of course I added the pre-requisites first, the backward compatibility and other stuffs when migrating to NET standard. Did you do it like this?

• sam123sam123 INMember ✭✭

@NamyslawSzymaniuk said:

Can you please help me upgrading PCL to NETStandard project?

• NamyslawSzymaniukNamyslawSzymaniuk USMember ✭✭✭✭

@sam123 said:

@NamyslawSzymaniuk said:

Can you please help me upgrading PCL to NETStandard project?

Starting from newest Visual Studio 2017, you can use New Xamarin project wizard, which will ask you whether to use .NETStandard for new project, and that would be simplest way to move PCL -> .NETStandard.