error in splash screen

Hello
In my app in xamarin studio add splash screen by document that is in your site, but when build app throw this error:
Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'android:windowBackground' with value '@drawable/Icon').

my app exactly similar to sample app in xamarin site and every image that i add to resource again this error accured.
please guide me.
thanks

Answers

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

Hi Elias,
    I suspect that you have a mismatch between the name of your splash image and how you're referring to it in Styles.xml.

From your message, I suspect that your Styles.xml file refers to @drawable/icon, rather than @drawable/splash as below:

<resources>
      <style name="Theme.Splash" parent="android:Theme">
       <item name="android:windowBackground">@drawable/icon</item>
       <item name="android:windowNoTitle">true</item>
      </style>
    </resources>

If you loaded the splash image with a name of splash.png in the drawable folder, then you need Styles.xml to be:

<resources>
      <style name="Theme.Splash" parent="android:Theme">
       <item name="android:windowBackground">@drawable/splash</item>
       <item name="android:windowNoTitle">true</item>
      </style>
    </resources>

It would be useful if you could post the contents of your Styles.xml file for us to see.

James

PS - This is better posted in the Android forum, not the Xamarin Studio forum by the way!

• XamatteoXamatteo USMember

I had the same problem.
    Solved using lowercase in the name of the drawable

• BeXamarinBeXamarin INMember

I have same issue, i am posting an image which showing my code, please help me to let me know that where I am wrong?

• JLMPJLMP USMember

I had the same error, the image not existed in the directory with same name.