UrhoSharp 1.8.51 Released (UWP64, AR, Urho3D 1.7)

EgorBoEgorBo ✭✭✭BYXamarin Team ✭✭✭

Release notes:

• Urho3D updated to 1.7 (26ff4fce) lots of bug-fixes and new features such as Inverse kinematics and Bullet RaycastVehicle support, see release notes here: https://urho3d.github.io/releases/2017/08/19/urho3d-1.7-release.html
  • Built-in ARKit and ARCore components with samples (see urho-samples/ARKit and urho-samples/ARCore). Also, those components are good examples on how to work with camera (YUV) and external GLES textures.

• Improved UWP support - 64 bit, .NET Native toolchain support (Release mode).

• Fixed lots of iOS, Android, UWP and Xamarin.Forms crashes
  • Basic Linux support (the native binary can be created using 'make Linux' command).

• Updated Solution Template + added 6 single-project templates.

• Optional DirectX11 backed for windows is included to the nuget package.

Known issues:

• UWP: App Validator complains on 'getenv' usage. Fixed in master, will be available as a hot-fix shortly.
  • WPF: key-down events may stop working in some cases
Tagged:

• OmidMafakherOmidMafakher ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

WPF: key-down events may stop working in some cases

@EgorBo Is there any chance for next version?
    Also mouse wheel is stop working when you click or right click on scene. i think most of the functionality from Input is out of work.

• EgorBoEgorBo ✭✭✭ BYXamarin Team ✭✭✭

@OmidMafakher
    Fixed in master, the hot-fix will be available later today.

@EgorBo Thanks. that's working now. but there is a problem. If you have button on your form and when you click on urho 3d you cannot click on the buttons. first you need to click on something else to lose the focus first then you able to click on buttons. for example you need a list view or textbox to click on that first then you can click on buttons.

• EsaKEsaK ✭✭ SEMember ✭✭

@EgorBo Thanks for the new release! It's great seeing you back :-)

• MarcoTronconeMarcoTroncone ✭✭✭ GBUniversity ✭✭✭

@EgorBo
    This release is a great news!

But I've noticed something strange with UWP, possibly it's a bug, possibly is normal.

I have a full screen mini game, I was able to play it full screen on Android, iOS and UWP with the same size/ratio.

With this new version, without changing any line of code, on Android everything is the same but on UWP, the surface of the game it's only a part of the screen and the mouse click, doesn't corrispond anymore to the actual position of the cursor.

Is it possible that this is a bug or on UWP we have to write something to set the windows size?

@MarcoTroncone Can you please share a small repro poject?
    @OmidMafakher Ah.. I'll take a look.
    @EsaK Thanks!

• DanielPackardDanielPackard ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

@MarcoTroncone :-- I can verify similar behavior with the xamarin/urho/playground samples, but only when my monitor is set to 4k resolution.

If I set my monitor to 1920x1080 it seems to render correctly on UWP. Same for you?

@DanielPackard said:
    @MarcoTroncone :-- I can verify similar behavior with the xamarin/urho/playground samples, but only when my monitor is set to 4k resolution.

If I set my monitor to 1920x1080 it seems to render correctly on UWP. Same for you?

@DanielPackard no, my monitor is 1980x1080.
    I'll add a couple of screens later.

@EgorBo I'll try to create a repro project.

I managed to reproduce the issue and fixed in master - messed up with physical to dips conversion.

@EgorBo said:
    I managed to reproduce the issue and fixed in master - messed up with physical to dips conversion.

Great news.
    @EgorBo are you going to release an updated nuget pacakge?

• amaneshiamaneshi ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

Nice to see active development again!
    @EgorBo Have some question: What about UTF8 characters support in GUI (like Cyrilic)? I tried sample template in last build and strings converts to ASCII and we get ?????????... Or I miss something?

@amaneshi

try this code:

/// <summary>
            /// Convert the normal string to unicode for Urho
            /// </summary>
            private static string EncodeStringForUrho(string str)
            {
                UTF8Encoding enc = new UTF8Encoding();
                byte[] bytes = enc.GetBytes(str);
                char[] buffer = new char[bytes.Length];
                for (int i = 0; i < bytes.Length; ++i)
                {
                    buffer[i] = (char)bytes[i];
                }
                return new string(buffer);
            }

• amaneshiamaneshi ✭✭ USMember ✭✭
    edited April 2018

@OmidMafakher Thanks for advice but it pointless.
    For Example, I create Text object and trying to set its Value with Cyrilic string. According to tooltip Value can obtain values in ANSI & UTF8 (doc from urho3d), but in fact in UrhoSharp it obtain all string objects as ANSI and in result I got "?????"
    var helloText = new Text(Context);
    helloText.Value = "Hello World from UrhoSharp ЙЦУКЕН";

• zinczinc ✭✭ ESMember ✭✭

Has same problem at the end this works for me:

private static string UrhoString(string str)
            {
                return new string(System.Text.Encoding.Default.GetChars(System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(str)));
            }