How to use VS2017 debug Xamarin native app to my LG G3 Android 5.0?

BozhiQianBozhiQian AUUniversity ✭✭

I have connected my LG G3 to my laptop with USB and Windows explorer can show the device. But in VS2017, the list of debug device does not have it. I can only find "LGE LG-D855 Player (Android 5.0 - API 21)" which is for Xamarin Live Player. Of course we can't use Xamarin Live Player to debug Xamarin native app as it do not recognize AXML.

What I want is debugging from VS2017 directly to my phone via USB cable connected. Is it possible?

• rene_ruppertrene_ruppert DEXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Yes, this should of course work.

Maybe this guide can help you getting your device showing up as expected:

I've heard that sometimes a reboot doesn't hurt either :-)

• BozhiQianBozhiQian AUUniversity ✭✭
    edited March 4

Thanks @rene_ruppert
    Actually I have already followed this guide before I ask question. It mentioned Windows 7 or Windows 8, but I use Windows 10.

Once USB connected,
    In my Windows device manager, I can see "Bozhi Qian's G3" under "Portable Devices".
    And in windows explorer, I can see "Bozhi Qian's G3" under "This PC", and I can see everything inside of "Internal storage".

However the device is not showing up in VS2017 debug list except for "LGE LG-D855 Player (Android 5.0 - API 21)" which is for Xamarin Live Player.

I tried search some solutions but all of them are out of date that they were talking about Xamarin Studio. I am using VS2017 on Windows 10, no Xamarin Studio installed.

Do you have more ideas? Thanks.