Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

How it works in the project ? (XAML and AXML)

Hi, i'm totaly newbie with xamarin. Iknow whats is XAML file, and AXML . But i don't understood on this project ( New/ Cross plat. / Android )

The files XAML or AXML.

I have : APP.XAML and MainPage.XAML but also in layout Tabbar.axml and toolbar.axml

Running the app, the main page displays the label

**<Label Text="APP TEST HUB" **
       VerticalOptions="Center" 
       HorizontalOptions="Center" />

But i can't acess the toolbox to designer. In the layout Tabbar.axml and toolbar.axml files i can acess the toolbox and work in design, but running that app this files isn't appears.

Can anyone tell me the difference of the files and his importance to the project . Where i'll work my design ?

Answers

• CharwakaCharwaka INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Leocrptorres said:
    Hi, i'm totaly newbie with xamarin. Iknow whats is XAML file, and AXML . But i don't understood on this project ( New/ Cross plat. / Android )

The files XAML or AXML.

I have : APP.XAML and MainPage.XAML but also in layout Tabbar.axml and toolbar.axml

Running the app, the main page displays the label

But i can't acess the toolbox to designer. In the layout Tabbar.axml and toolbar.axml files i can acess the toolbox and work in design, but running that app this files isn't appears.

Can anyone tell me the difference of the files and his importance to the project . Where i'll work my design ?

In Xamarin Forms -> XAML is used for Writing UI, Which is a commong UI To All Platforms
    In Xamarin Android->AXML Is Used for Writng UI for Native Android.

Since your working on Xamarin Forms Project , you have to follow different Approach for accessing toolbar ,check this out

https://xamarinhelp.com/xamarin-forms-toolbar/