very poor axml intellisense in visual studio

Hello,

as a xamarin developer I always have problem with the intellisense in visual studio ( 2015 - 2017 **latest updates ).

short time ago we have problems about the schemas and everything else and that was a pain really.
now that problem is gone but still very poor intellisense in axml files. we get some intel about the properties for obvious things like LinearLayout but there is no intellisense for AppCompat and support libraries. android studio does that very well with a lot of more features.

right now, Im using android studio to edit my axml files which is better really but thats hard in the end of the day. you should go back and forth and use a lot of memory and cpu to do that.

So, the real thing is, is it even possible to have a full intellisense in VS or we should continue using android studio?
if yes, do you guys working on it? and if yes when should we expect it?

• MehdiDehghaniMehdiDehghani USMember ✭✭

Yeah, I'm using Android Studio for UI and editing XML files too and it's boring. Android Studio eat RAM and CPU, but it is really great for working with XML files. using such a IDE just for working with XML file because Visual Studio can not do the same is a real shame, but as far as I know, there is no other option.

• CharwakaCharwaka INMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

@M_R_Safari said:
    Hello,

as a xamarin developer I always have problem with the intellisense in visual studio ( 2015 - 2017 **latest updates ).

short time ago we have problems about the schemas and everything else and that was a pain really.
    now that problem is gone but still very poor intellisense in axml files. we get some intel about the properties for obvious things like LinearLayout but there is no intellisense for AppCompat and support libraries. android studio does that very well with a lot of more features.

right now, Im using android studio to edit my axml files which is better really but thats hard in the end of the day. you should go back and forth and use a lot of memory and cpu to do that.

So, the real thing is, is it even possible to have a full intellisense in VS or we should continue using android studio?

but for now using android studio is the better way, until Visual studio team really enhances the Designer

• M_R_SafariM_R_Safari USMember

@Charwaka said:

@M_R_Safari said:
    Hello,

TIP : Dont use Visual Studio Designer For Building Android UI, Use Android studio after wrting UI copy paster in axml

Haven't you read my post entirely ?

• MehdiDehghaniMehdiDehghani USMember ✭✭

@Charwaka said:

@M_R_Safari said:
    Hello,

TIP : Dont use Visual Studio Designer For Building Android UI, Use Android studio after wrting UI copy paster in axml

Did you read my post?

@M_R_Safari said:

@Charwaka said:

@M_R_Safari said:
    Hello,

Haven't you read my post entirely ?

yes i red , thats only way for now to design Hassel Free

@MehdiDehghani @M_R_Safari i'm sorry ,but still can't figure why you marked as SPAM ?