Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Take a Photo without storage

My question is simple. Can I use the cellphone' camera to take a photo (without storage in cellphone's external memory) and send it to online database.

Answers

• SreeeeSreeee INMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Yes, not only camera but also you can use the gallery for selecting the picture and send it to the database.
    Please go to the following url for opening camera and gallery:
    https://github.com/jamesmontemagno/MediaPlugin

Please use the quote option when giving reply to comment. It will give notification to the commented guy, otherwise, we don't know about your reply. :)

• SreeeeSreeee INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

For sending a picture to the database use the following link:
    https://github.com/HoussemDellai/UploadFileToServer

• FernandoHDFernandoHD USMember ✭✭

Hi, Sreeee! Thanks for the reply, but I followed every step to use MediaPlugin and it did not work. I guess it's because I'm using .NET Standard 2.0 and FormsAppCompatActivity in Droid.

I want to use the camera because my application needs a real photo for more security, but if it is not. I will try to take the photo, store it on the device and then send it to the server.

The problem now is how to do it since the error I have with MediaPlugin is;

"Can not get the location of the file, It is most likely that the information of the file provider is not configured in your Android manifest file. about how to configure it in your project "

And I do not know why, since the android manifest is already configured exactly as the example of jamesmontemagno says.

In addition to having tried all the solutions presented in StackOverflow and XamarinForums