Answers

• ClayBrinleeClayBrinlee USMember ✭✭

I get this in Xamarin.Forms. I always have to find/replace:

[XamlCompilation(XamlCompilationOptions.Compile)]
    with
    //[XamlCompilation(XamlCompilationOptions.Compile)]

Then I can debug with no issues.

• EdHubbellEdHubbell USMember ✭✭

Yeah, I'll add a comment to a 3 year old thread because this problem continues to crop up.

This problem cropped up for me today. I had a strange message in Application Output that said something about the connection, like so:

Xamarin.iOS: Socket error while connecting to IDE on 127.0.0.1:10000: Connection refused

Tried cleans/restarts/killing bin and obj/new simulators/etc.

What seemed to fix it was to go in and enable some Xamarin extensions in Visual Studio for Mac. There were a couple that I didn't think had anything to do with iOS simulator debugging (like Mono Soft Debugger Support for ASP.NET and Xamarin Live Player) that were disabled. I enabled them, and breakpoints worked again. Tried disabling the same extensions again to see if I could make breakpoints fail again. I could not.

YMWV.
    ~Ed

• geedsengeedsen USMember ✭✭

And then it hits again the daily 'Xamarin random issue'. Debugging worked just fine last week but for no apparent reason it does not work today. Nothing changed on my Mac or Windows system. Actually the applications stops at the breakpoints but VS is not able to match it to the code. If I remove the breakpoint, the app does not stop either. I set a breakpoint , the app stops and VS shows this 'your app in in break mode but there is no code to show because all threads were executing external code'. Tried many of the suggestions of previous replies without any luck.

• ttirrellttirrell USMember ✭✭

@ClayBrinlee said:

with

I have been struggling with this on and off for several months. Finally decided to attack it again today and spent all day until I saw this. Thanks soo much!!!

However, I'm now bald...

• MorfologusMorfologus Member
    edited December 2018

• EasyEddyEasyEddy USMember ✭✭

I needed to remove the following property group from by *.csproj of my project. Debugging is working now with Mono 5.16.0.221
    <PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(OS)' == 'Unix'"> <CscToolExe>mcs.exe</CscToolExe> </PropertyGroup>
    // EDDY

• DennyyDennyy Member ✭✭

Still having this issue in 2019

• RicardoJnrRicardoJnr Member

Still Happening

@ClayBrinlee said:

with

This resolves the issue.