Cannot find app in Android emulator (Visual Studio 2017)

I have started a basic tutorial on how to develop a cross platform app via azure using xamarin.forms. A few days ago, I was able to run the Droid version of the project (via emulator) and found the app there. As of a few days ago, the app is missing when I launch the android emulator. I don't know where to start to resolve this - any help would be appreciated.

I tried updating the packages that the solution uses which may have caused the problem. I had them re-installed to no avail.

• tribaltribal USMember ✭✭✭

Are you sure you're using the same emulator, you might have selected a different one. You can always try to re run the application so it will re deploy to the emulator. In case its not being deployed you should check your output from visual studio to understand why its failing.

• ArkatakorArkatakor Member ✭✭

@tribal said:
    Are you sure you're using the same emulator, you might have selected a different one. You can always try to re run the application so it will re deploy to the emulator. In case its not being deployed you should check your output from visual studio to understand why its failing.

I have not switched emulator to my knowledge. My AVD version is 7.1.1

I have attached the build output upon running the emulator.

My dummy project can be found on github (under user "Arkatakor", project name "Extoria"). This forum is not allowing me to post links.

Would be interesting to see if someone can run the Droid project and find the app "Extoria" on it upon running the emulator. That way I could diagnose if there is something wrong with my configuration or the solution itself.

• ArkatakorArkatakor Member ✭✭

Had to reinstall Xamarin in visual studio to fix this. Not exactly the best start to learning a new tech.