Forum Visual Studio

Creating IOS IPA File from Windows Visual Studio Professinal 2017

I have a xamarin.Forms project on Visual Studio Professional 2017 (15.3.2). I have successfully linked from my Windows Visual Studio project to my MacBook and can display an emulator on the Mac with my app on.

I have the latest version of Xamarin.IOS and XCode on my Mac book.

I am now trying to create an IPA package so I can upload to HockeyApp. I am coming across numerous problems when doing this.

Selecting AD-HOC , iPhoneSimulator and Developer (in IOS Bundle Signing) will not allow me to select the ‘Build iTunes Package Archive (IPA)’ in IOS IPA Options.

Selecting AD-HOC , iPhone and Developer and removing the Entitlements.plist (in IOS Bundle Signing) and selecting ‘Build iTunes Package Archive (IPA)’ (in IOS IPA Options) results in the following error message upon building:
‘No valid IOS Code Signing Keys Found in keychain’

Selecting Debug , iPhoneSimulator and Developer (in IOS Bundle Signing) will not allow me to select the ‘Build iTunes Package Archive (IPA)’ in IOS IPA Options.

Selecting Debug , iPhone and Developer and removing the Entitlements.plist (in IOS Bundle Signing) and selecting ‘Build iTunes Package Archive (IPA)’ (in IOS IPA Options) results in the following error message upon building:
‘No valid IOS Code Signing Keys Found in keychain’

Sometimes, I randomly do not receive the Code Signing error and are able to build successfully. I then select the ‘Show IPA File on Build Server’ option, but that fails saying that it was not able to find the IPA file.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Answers

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@LeeCoates I don't know why I too couldn't create an ipa file. But I uploaded the .exe found in the same place to HockeyApp and that worked.

• ajays2109ajays2109 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

@ShantimohanElchuri My .exe file size is 6kb only , and i am not able to upload .exe to hockey app , please help

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@ajays2109 said:
    @ShantimohanElchuri My .exe file size is 6kb only , and i am not able to upload .exe to hockey app , please help

What exactly the error occuring? Actually there is an help link in Hockey App which guides on how to make provision for iOS release mode. It made me to create a separate configuration profile named 'iOS Release' to enable to upload the .exe.

• ajays2109ajays2109 Member ✭✭

@ShantimohanElchuri Thanks for the reply,I will check it and come here. :smiley: