ok so to start i am working on a cross platform project for work. i basically could just use a hand narrowing down what is causing an issue with the ios side of the project. Android works perfectly and as i want it to for now. ios did work as expected last week when i last updated its code and tested it.
i have a log in page. (displays page fine no issues, opens up sign up page as well and navigates back when button is pushed)
log in works, i have set breakpoints and followed code through this part. it hits the api and returns server status code gets users profile data and token information and opens the "masternav"(master detail page)
after it "logs in" this is where is just stops doing anything. the menu does not open, none of masterdetail detail page buttons can be hit. i set break points on each click function and nothing. the console only shows :
[0:] Get profile was successful
[0:] Matt Perley
[0:] coming alive again....
^^^is the output of the log in function. the really weird thing is while im writing this question im now getting some new messages:
2018-01-15 14:26:57.813 VolMobile.iOS[267:28155] <_UISystemGestureGateGestureRecognizer: 0x17419b450>: Touch: Failed to receive system gesture state notification before next touch
2018-01-15 14:26:57.813 VolMobile.iOS[267:28155] <_UISystemGestureGateGestureRecognizer: 0x17419b380>: Gesture: Failed to receive system gesture state notification before next touch
2018-01-15 14:26:58.285 VolMobile.iOS[267:28155] <_UISystemGestureGateGestureRecognizer: 0x17419b450>: Touch: Failed to receive system gesture state notification before next touch
2018-01-15 14:26:58.286 VolMobile.iOS[267:28155] <_UISystemGestureGateGestureRecognizer: 0x17419b380>: Gesture: Failed to receive system gesture state notification before next touch
other than the console output above there is no indication of an error, builds and deploys fine, as i said i can go through the log in process but as soon as i hit the landing page it just freezes, no crash, error, nothing.
the only major changes i have made in last week was adding an android background location service to the app and its not even mentioned in the pcl anywhere and its pretty bare bones, literally just the service that gets your location every minute. there is no background service for ios yet as that was the intended goal of today. besides that i cleaned up several functions/methods to get rid of spagetti code. but none of those changes broke the android app.
android works perfectly fine as it always has, its just ios giving an issue.
--i swear ive read that there were time limits on functions running or something on ios?
--could my log in process be running to long causing an error?
--is there a limit to http calls per second or something? because i am hitting one api and then making another call to 2 seperate endpoints a few times for different data.
--yes i am googling as i go. no im not a noob, however this is likely an issue i have caused i wont deny it lol.
i was trying to clean the app up so it didnt look like shit and making the code reusable as i have recently finished developing all of the concepts.
i can take pics and images but as this project is confidential and this is my first professional developer job i am going to try and avoid just posting them publicly, please feel free to request them to provide assistance, personally i dont mind sharing code but my boss does.
if anyone would possibly know whats going on please let me know. im going to continue looking into this while i wait so hopefully i will be able to resolve this issue on my own.
i am kind of new to xamarin and mobile development but not to programming or c#. i hope this makes sense as i am very frustrated and tired of looking at this so i may not come off as coherent as id like.
thank you to anyone who can try and shed some light on this.