Profiling my app if I don't have an enterprise account

I want to know what options do I have. Can Android studio be use to profile my Xamarin app? In the past I have use Android Device Monitor, but I know it has been deprecated. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• JonDouglasJonDouglas US Xamurai
    Accepted Answer

Yes Android Studio can profile your Android application. However just note that it will only be able to see the native objects rather than the managed C# objects which may make it more difficult to hunt down memory leaks and such.

You can use the new Android Studio Profiler inside the IDE for profiling this way:

Answers

• JonDouglasJonDouglas USXamarin Team, University, Developer Group Leader Xamurai
    Accepted Answer

Yes Android Studio can profile your Android application. However just note that it will only be able to see the native objects rather than the managed C# objects which may make it more difficult to hunt down memory leaks and such.

You can use the new Android Studio Profiler inside the IDE for profiling this way:

• JeanPaulJeanPaul USMember

Thanks, I'll try it right away. Do you think there will be a xamarin option for non enterprise users in a near future?