Messaging center

AlbertoCAlbertoC ITMember ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I try to to use messaging center from platfomr andorid to .net standard project.

The messagin center send the message one time but the receiver is activated 2 times.

I have an andorid device version 5.1, i dont' know if this colud be usefull.

Here the piece od code od the receiver

MessagingCenter.Subscribe<string, string>("iMioDocPdaEntry.Android", "BARCODE_RECEIVED", async (sender, arg) =>
{
{
if (DocRigheView.attiva)
{
await RicercaArtBarCode(arg);
}
else
{
await RicercaCommBarCode(arg);
}
}
});

her bolwo ther sender

MessagingCenter.Send<string, string>("iMioDocPdaEntry.Android", "BARCODE_RECEIVED", result);

• RavinderJangraRavinderJangra USMember ✭✭✭

@AlbertoC please unsubscribe to messagecenter on ondisappearing

• AlbertoCAlbertoC ITMember ✭✭

but if i send the messagge one time, and in the debug mode i see that the subscribe is called two times also if i suscribe the messagge i dont' solve the porblem

the problem is that the subscribe is called two times

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod
    edited January 2018

The safest way is to register in the page/class constructor and unregister for example when the page is popped of the navigation stack, there's a popped event which handles this.

• AlbertoCAlbertoC ITMember ✭✭

I insert the unsubscribe in the viemodel, becuase i there i do some calculation that cannot be done again, but i appreciate both answers

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod
    edited January 2018

@AlbertoC

Yeah, same approach in the VM, when the VM is going to be disposed I have a cleanup that unregisters messages etc. You can implement a common interface and when the page is popped call the VM cleanup before resetting the bindingcontext, frameworks like Prism make this very easy with IDestructible, very handy.