Forum General

Unable To Install Xamarin Studio

OA678OA678 Member

Hi,

I am unable to install Xamarin Studio (from the Xamarin website). I have a Xamarin account and I downloaded it from there.

I tried attaching screen shots of my error. I was not able to.

I have also tried attaching my install error log. It appears that I do not have the appropriate permissions to do this.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• OA678OA678 Member

Please, can anyone tell me how I can upload the screen shots and the install error log.

• OA678OA678 Member

I am running a Windows 7, 64-Bit (Service Pack 1), 8 GB RAM PC; if that helps

• OA678OA678 Member

@JohnHair, thanks for the prompt response.

What about an older version of Xamarin Studio that could be compatible with Windows 7, pls ?

I tried installing one from the cnet website & it did not work.

Do you have an idea of where I can get an older version of the software & if it will work with Windows 7, pls ?

Finally, do you know why Xamarin users are been forced to use VS instead of Xamarin ?

I have a training course that specifically requires Xamarin Studio & this situation definitely does not help. I am aware that M/Soft bought Xamarin a while back.

Thanks very much once again.

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@OA678 Xamarin was bought by Microsoft quite some time ago and they have aligned the tools accordingly. There was no point in having 2 separate development streams for 2 nearly identical products.
    VS2017 works on Windows 7, although you might have issues with Win 7 and Android emulator support due to hyperV support etc.
    The training course must be quite old, I suggest looking at the free courses available in Xamarin University as they are kept quite uptodate.
    My advice is to embrace the new world in this, fighting against it will be quite frustrating otherwise!