How can I run my Android App on Ios or Windows Phone?

Hi Mr's, I've been read the xamarin docs and I don't understand how can I Run my Android App on another Operational System.
How it Works? How can I develop this ? For ANY Project that I'll develop on a future.

• CheesebaronCheesebaron DKInsider, University mod

You can't run an Android App on the two other platforms. However, what the Xamarin tools are good for is when you have built your app for one platform in a nice decoupled way. Then you can reuse your code for apps you create for the other platforms.

Take for instance an application I making now using Xamarin + MvvmCross. Almost all my application logic is inside my ViewModels and Services, which I can reuse on the other platforms. This means that when I have written my ViewModels and Services for one platform, what is basically left to do is to create Views on the two other platforms. I have more than 90% of my code shared, and minimal code behind code! However, it takes some time and patience to get everything right, because some stuff behave differently on the various platforms.
    In my experience it is best to make ViewModels for everything that makes sense to have a ViewModel. For instance when you want something like a Spinner or Dropdown box, this can be done on Android and Windows Phone. However, on iOS you want to use a Table View instead which you need to navigate to.

I really like how MVVM works and it is really good for applications where you want to maximize your code sharing.

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

You can't run your Android App on another platform. For information on developing cross platform applications, see Building Cross Platform Applications.