Is it possible to upload 32-bit compatible apps to TestFlight

SomewhereElseSomewhereElse USMember ✭✭
edited January 2018 in Xamarin.iOS

Hi,

So my beta release is currently set to MinimumOSVersion = 11.0, Supported Architectures = ARM64.
A beta tester can't use the app because their device is an iPhone 5C.

To allow them to use the device, I've set my app to MinimumOSVersion = 10.3, Supported Architectures = ARMv7+ARMv7s+ARM64.

My uploads to TestFlight are getting rejected with the message:
Invalid Bundle - Apps that have 'arm64' in the list of UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities in Info.plist must only contain the arm64 slice.

Is it possible to upload a build that supports older iOS versions and hardware anymore?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

You're out of luck, I don't think non 64bit is supported anymore. :( You would be able to deploy the build by sending out the .IPA and signing the provisioning profile with his device UDID though.

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=06282017b

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

My uploads contain ARMv7 and ARM64 slices and they upload correctly.

• SomewhereElseSomewhereElse USMember ✭✭
    edited January 2018

@JohnHair said:
    My uploads contain ARMv7 and ARM64 slices and they upload correctly.

Thanks, what are your values for UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities and MinimumOSVersion in your info.plist?

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities is Armv7, as this is the lowest architecture I support. My min ios version is 8.2 (although Im droping iOS 8 support shortly).

• SomewhereElseSomewhereElse USMember ✭✭

@JohnHair said:
    UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities is Armv7, as this is the lowest architecture I support. My min ios version is 8.2 (although Im droping iOS 8 support shortly).

Thanks. Every time I build in Visual Studio, it resets UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities back to arm64, is there a setting I'm missing?