VS 2017 + Xamarin: Imported project was not found

Hello

I want to develop a mobile application in cross-platform, and I have decided to use Xamarin. However, I am facing an issue I can't fix. I hope one of you guys can help me.

When I try to create a Xamarin.Fomrs project in Visual Studio 2017, it keeps giving me the following error:

"The imported project "C:\Users\HH\Source\Repos\FirstApp\FirstApp\FirstApp\FirstApp\FirstApp.projitems" was not found. Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk. C:\Users\HH\Source\Repos\FirstApp\FirstApp\FirstApp\FirstApp\FirstApp.Android.csproj"

I have tried to re-install VS, but that didn't work. When I open the project in File Explorer, everything is there. However, when I open the solution in Solution Explorer in VS, it says 0 projects, why? How can I fix this?
The files .projitems and .shproj are found, when I open the path in File Explorer, so I don't understand the error.

I have tried with .NET Framework 4.5.2 and 4.6.1.

Best Answer

• hudhud3101hudhud3101 ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Yes, the problem was that I named the project with spaces. Furthermore, the path was too long.

Answers

• hudhud3101hudhud3101 Member ✭✭

I forgot to mention that I have also tried to do it on Visual Studio 2015

• shubham1shubham1 Member ✭✭✭

@hudhud3101 said:
    Hello

I want to develop a mobile application in cross-platform, and I have decided to use Xamarin. However, I am facing an issue I can't fix. I hope one of you guys can help me.

When I try to create a Xamarin.Fomrs project in Visual Studio 2017, it keeps giving me the following error:

"The imported project "C:\Users\HH\Source\Repos\FirstApp\FirstApp\FirstApp\FirstApp\FirstApp.projitems" was not found. Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk. C:\Users\HH\Source\Repos\FirstApp\FirstApp\FirstApp\FirstApp\FirstApp.Android.csproj"

I have tried to re-install VS, but that didn't work. When I open the project in File Explorer, everything is there. However, when I open the solution in Solution Explorer in VS, it says 0 projects, why? How can I fix this?
    The files .projitems and .shproj are found, when I open the path in File Explorer, so I don't understand the error.

I have tried with .NET Framework 4.5.2 and 4.6.1.

it's not the error of visual studio. you are doing something wrong.

• hudhud3101hudhud3101 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Yes, the problem was that I named the project with spaces. Furthermore, the path was too long.