Trying to make sense of the code and nuget info

DavidSkowronskiDavidSkowronski USMember ✭✭

This discussion is to understand what code is going into each nuget package.

The nuget packages are:

1. UrhoSharp by Xamarin Inc., 32.1K downloads. v.1.5.22
  2. UrhoSharp.Tools by Xamarin Inc., 2.41k downloads v.1.5.22
  3. UrhoSharp.WinForms by Xamarin Inc., 3.11k downloads v.1.5.22
  4. UrhoSharp.Wpf by Xamarin Inc., 3k downloads v.1.5.22
  5. UrhoSharp.Forms by Xamarin Inc., 13.4k downloads v.1.5.22
  6. UrhoSharp.HoloLens by Xamarin Inc., 5.38k downloads v 1.4.4
  7. UrhoSharp.SharpReality by Xamarin Inc., 2.16k downloads v 1.5.22

The UrhoSharp.SharpReality and UrhoSharp.HoloLens packages seem to be related, but HoloLens did not get a package update. Is it deprecated to SharpReality?

The UrhoSharp seems to be the core package.
The nuget version of 1.5.22 has a publish date of Tuesday September 19, 2017 but github release only goes up to 1.2.8 (Dec. 1, 2017)
The full nuget descriptions are all the same for them. The short descriptions are different.

For the code, the github project repositories, forks, and branches. I see three project repositories under the xamarin organization:

1. https://github.com/xamarin/urho
  2. https://github.com/xamarin/urho-samples
  3. https://github.com/xamarin/Urho3D
  4. https://github.com/xamarin/xamarin-evolution (for proposed changes to xamarin SDKs like urho)

All three repos (urho, Urho3D, and urho-samples) have the sample code. Only urho has releases.
urho is C# has 11 contributors, and 1557 commits, 16 branches, and 9 releases and 59 forks
Urho3D is C++ has 110 contributors and 8983 commits, 3 branches, and no releases and 17 forks
urho-samples is C# has 6 contributors and 174 commits, 4 branches and no releases and 377 forks

So what code goes into the nuget packages?

I'd like to cleanup my forks and focus on where the dev is for the nuget packages.

Just found that urho has a .gitmodules that points to xamarin/Urho3D and xamarin/urho-samples which give permission denied errors on checkout. I need to point those to my forked versions which I have permission to checkout.

• DavidSkowronskiDavidSkowronski USMember ✭✭
    edited January 2018

ps. The checkout of urho solved. I put the key in the bash for windows location instead of the windows location.

cp ~/.ssh/id_rda /mnt/c/Users/me/.ssh

Now VS2017 asks for the passphrase twice in checkout for the two submodules.
    Using Urho.sln
    Ugg. 195980 errors and 610 warnings lol.
    The type or namespace name 'System' could not be found... REALLY?
    Delete %temp% content reboot and now down to 196005 errors 608 warnings DOH. and still System error messages.
    Delete all obj directories restart VS2017 and unload Urho.ShaprReality, Urho.UWP, and Urho.Forms.UWP.
    Load Urho.UWP and added nuget package to Urho.UWP.

System.Runtime.CompilerServices.VisualC

About 50k+ errors gone. Yea.

I tried on Urho.SharpReality and Urho.Form.UWP. I got error during nuget install.

System.Runtime.CompilerServices.VisualC 4.3.0 provides a compile-time reference assembly for System.Runtime.CompilerServices.VisualC on UAP,Version=v10.0.15063, but there is no run-time assembly compatible with win10-x64.
    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.VisualC 4.3.0 provides a compile-time reference assembly for System.Runtime.CompilerServices.VisualC on UAP,Version=v10.0.15063, but there is no run-time assembly compatible with win10-x86.
    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.VisualC 4.3.0 provides a compile-time reference assembly for System.Runtime.CompilerServices.VisualC on UAP,Version=v10.0.15063, but there is no run-time assembly compatible with win10-x86-aot.

Update nuget Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform from 5.2.0 to 6.0.5
    Remove runtimes from project.json
    Load Urho.UWP and added nuget package to Urho.SharpReality.

System.Runtime.CompilerServices.VisualC

Repeat for Urho.Forms.UWP

Now down to 8 errors and 608 Warnings

Severity    Code    Description Project File    Line    Suppression State
    Error   CS0006  Metadata file 'C:\Users\me\Source\Repos\urho.crs\Bin\iOS\Urho.dll' could not be found   Playgrounds.iOS C:\Users\me\Source\Repos\urho.crs\Tests\Playgrounds\Playgrounds.iOS\CSC 1   Active
    Error       The reference assemblies for framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" were not found. To resolve this, install the SDK or Targeting Pack for this framework version or retarget your application to a version of the framework for which you have the SDK or Targeting Pack installed. Note that assemblies will be resolved from the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) and will be used in place of reference assemblies. Therefore your assembly may not be correctly targeted for the framework you intend.  Urho.Extensions.Cocoa           
    Error       Metadata file `/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current/lib/mono/Xamarin.iOS/Xamarin.Forms.Core.dll' could not be found   Urho.Forms.iOS          
    Error       Metadata file `/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current/lib/mono/Xamarin.iOS/Xamarin.Forms.Platform.dll' could not be found   Urho.Forms.iOS          
    Error       Metadata file `/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current/lib/mono/Xamarin.iOS/Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.dll' could not be found   Urho.Forms.iOS          
    Error       Metadata file `/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current/lib/mono/Xamarin.iOS/Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.dll' could not be found   Urho.Forms.iOS          
    Error       Could not copy the file "C:\Users\me\Source\Repos\urho.crs\Bin\iOS\Urho.framework.zip" because it was not found.    Urho.iOS            
    Error       The reference assemblies for framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" were not found. To resolve this, install the SDK or Targeting Pack for this framework version or retarget your application to a version of the framework for which you have the SDK or Targeting Pack installed. Note that assemblies will be resolved from the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) and will be used in place of reference assemblies. Therefore your assembly may not be correctly targeted for the framework you intend.  Playgrounds.Cocoa           

I'm not sure where Urho.framework.zip comes from.