Connectivity plugin always throws NotImplementedException

I am trying to use Xam.Plugin.Connectivity 2.3.0 by James Montemagno in my Cross platform Xamarin app. The package is installed in all the three projects i.e. protable, android and iOS. But whenever i try to check connectivity, it throws NotImplementedException. This behaviour is independent of whether i try to access it in the portable or platform specific project. This is the code with which i try to access it

if (CrossConnectivity.Current.IsConnected)
{
//business logic
}

The exception details are as follows

System.NotImplementedException: This functionality is not implemented in the portable version of this assembly. You should reference the NuGet package from your main application project in order to reference the platform-specific implementation.

Answers

• Sumit_SharmaSumit_Sharma USMember ✭✭✭

May be packages are not installed in right way in all the projects.

Do try to clean your solution , remove the connectivity package, re install connectivity plugin, build solution then try what you are trying to do.

Hope it's help.

• @Nightowl.4686 said:
    I am trying to use Xam.Plugin.Connectivity 2.3.0 by James Montemagno in my Cross platform Xamarin app. The package is installed in all the three projects i.e. protable, android and iOS. But whenever i try to check connectivity, it throws NotImplementedException. This behaviour is independent of whether i try to access it in the portable or platform specific project. This is the code with which i try to access it

if (CrossConnectivity.Current.IsConnected)
    {
    //business logic
    }

The exception details are as follows

System.NotImplementedException: This functionality is not implemented in the portable version of this assembly. You should reference the NuGet package from your main application project in order to reference the platform-specific implementation.

Hi,

Have you found a solution ? I ve the same problem here...

• SanjayHRSanjayHR INMember

@Sumit_Sharma said:
    May be packages are not installed in right way in all the projects.

Do try to clean your solution , remove the connectivity package, re install connectivity plugin, build solution then try what you are trying to do.

Hope it's help.

This worked for me. Thanks Sumit Sharma.