Forum Xamarin.iOS

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Can't find my document on iPhone

iOS 11.2.1
I wrote a file like this
var documents = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments);
var filename2 = Path.Combine(documents, "Write.txt");
File.WriteAllText(filename2, "Write this text into a file");

If I open up the iphone app "Files" and search for "Wri". There are no such files. I really tried to copy a pdf-document from a bundle. When I debug, it claims that the file already exist. Where is it?

Tagged:

Answers

• LarsGustafssonLarsGustafsson USMember ✭✭

I downloaded a sample .pdf from the web to my iPhone 5S. I chose to add it to File Manager (a 3rd party app). But in "Files", which is the common iOS file manager it's not available. The name of it is PDF-sample.pdf. If I search for the string "pdf", no files are listed. I thought the file system would be common for all file managers.

• LarsGustafssonLarsGustafsson USMember ✭✭
    edited December 2017

I'm using
    < key >UIFileSharingEnabled< / key > < true / >
    But is it not possible to open the file on your iPhone without first transferring the file from your iphone to your Mac and then back to your iphone?

• AlexWhiteAlexWhite GBMember ✭✭✭
    No, sharing just makes the files visible to iTunes, you have to copy to edit, then copy back