Forum Xamarin.iOS

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Why Xamarin Development is eating up free space from my Mac ?

AliRaza.5445AliRaza.5445 PKMember ✭✭✭

Hi Devs,
I have been doing xamarin development on my Mac since September 2017. I had around 70GB free space available in my Mac at that time after installing Xcode,VS for Mac, Google and iOS Emulators. I am so worried that it is eating up space gradually. I had to delete most of my projects and necessary files from my Mac within this time just to make extra space for development. But after doing all this, I am again left with only 3GB space in my Mac. I did not installed any other major software which is making me worried about losing space daily. Can you guys tell me why is this so and how can I get rid of it ?
Thanks

Answers

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

do you have Android SDK installed? remove them if you don't use them

• AliRaza.5445AliRaza.5445 PKMember ✭✭✭

Yes. I do have Android Sdk installed and can not delete it coz I also develop for Android. Is there any other solution ?

• XigmondXigmond USMember ✭✭✭

:)) you gonna need much more space sooooon :)