CXSDDCXSDD BHMember
Friend ask me.
Where is the best way to learn xamarin
I saw few courses here udemy.com/courses/search/?q=xamarin&src=sac&kw=Xamar
And some free courses on youtube.
What do you recommended?

Answers

• tribaltribal USMember ✭✭✭

The best way to learn any technology is by trying it out for yourselves. There are loads of top quality Xamarin sample apps which you can download and play with to get a better understanding. Get the latest version of Visual Studio 2017 (15.5) so you can get the Live player as well and start building an app

Here are a few links for app source code which you can download and grab ideas from

Xamarin Evolve 2016 App

Xamarin Prebuilt Apps

SmartHotel 360

BikeSharing 360

Runkeeper App

Spotify in Xamarin

SnapChat in Xamarin

• @tribal said:
    The best way to learn any technology is by trying it out for yourselves. There are loads of top quality Xamarin sample apps which you can download and play with to get a better understanding. Get the latest version of Visual Studio 2017 (15.5) so you can get the Live player as well and start building an app

Here are a few links for app source code which you can download and grab ideas from

Xamarin Evolve 2016 App

Xamarin Prebuilt Apps

SmartHotel 360

BikeSharing 360

Runkeeper App

Spotify in Xamarin

SnapChat in Xamarin

Are any of these up-to-date and maintained? The snapchat one says "Moments is currently unmaintained, and parts of the app may not work as intended." The spotify one doesn't actually do anything. It's just a hardcoded UI with no backend. The "sport" app in the prebuilt apps is also out of date and unmaintained. Can you direct me to a an up-to-date, working, sample application that functions?

• MarkSmith.8123MarkSmith.8123 USXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Make sure to check out the official training from Microsoft: Xamarin University. It has a ton of free content, certification tiers, and subscriber content to cover all things Xamarin.