Please File New Ideas on GitHub Issues

DavidOrtinauDavidOrtinau USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University Xamurai

We have now opened GitHub Issues and ask that any new proposals and discussions be opened there.

Existing conversations may remain here, though you are free to migrate them as you see fit to GitHub.

Tagged:

Open · Last Updated

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

So a suggestion for a new feature or 'evolution' would be lodged as an Issue, in the Issues section?

• PaulDiPietroPaulDiPietro USXamarin Team Xamurai

@ClintStLaurent That's correct. We'll be moving the template used here over to the repo's wiki and referencing that on the readme for people to use instead of the standard issue template.

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

A sensible move but I'd ask the team to keep on the forums too until the community knows where to go for help.

Thanks.

• DavidOrtinauDavidOrtinau USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University Xamurai

@NMackay absolutely, we'll be here.

• rogiheerogihee NLMember ✭✭✭

The GitHub homepage still reads "To discuss this project and participate in the design, we use the Xamarin.Forms Evolution discussion board." :)

• AdrianKnightAdrianKnight USMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

@DavidOrtinau Can you disable the ability to create new bug reports on Bugzilla so that they all go to GitHub?

Edit: Sorry, I just saw the other thread. You mentioned Bugzilla is open for the time being. Open to what? Still, new bugs should only be allowed on GitHub. :)

• PaulDiPietroPaulDiPietro USXamarin Team Xamurai

@AdrianKnight We didn't want to outright close off the Forms category for new reports as it could confuse some people, so for now we have a script that automatically goes through on a regular basis and closes those new issues with a comment redirecting them to GitHub.

• DavidOrtinauDavidOrtinau USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University Xamurai

@AdrianKnight also, Bugzilla allows for private issues, which GitHub does not. Until we have a different solution for that and we either solve all the open issues or migrate them to Issues, it'll remain open.

• ChaseFlorellChaseFlorell CAInsider, University mod

THANK THE LORD you've opened up Issues!

• DonBoxDonBox USMember ✭✭

Many of the ideas which have been submitted on this forum received no feedback from Xamarin. What's the point of submitting again on Github?

@DonBox
    I'm going to optimistically guess there was a problem with workflow when it came to Bugzilla. Many items never seem to have even been noticed or just fell through the cracks.
    I'm choosing to keep a good thought that GitHub has lots of eyes on it, and is a system that many many many developers use. As well as allowing outsiders to pick up tickets they can fix and submit.
    I'm hoping the shift is not just in place to submit, but also in behind-the-scenes workflow so items don't fall through the cracks again.

• DonBoxDonBox USMember ✭✭

@ClintStLaurent I've been long enough to know what's going on, but nice try. Those who truly care about their product don't wait years to move to GitHub.

@DonBox said:
    @ClintStLaurent I've been long enough to know what's going on, but nice try. Those who truly care about their product don't wait years to move to GitHub.

Not disagreeing with you. Just trying to be optimistic and keep things positive.

• Rshirsagar99Rshirsagar99 INMember ✭✭

Thanks for this thread, I'm facing some issue about GitHub. I hope I get best solution for it, Thanks again.