MSAL Token to open office pages

MoeHamid.2811MoeHamid.2811 USMember
edited November 2017 in Xamarin.Forms

Is it possible to use the AUTH access token we got back from MSAL on a mobile app to open an office365 page in the browser, like mail or calendar, etc. without having to re-auth the user? I can send the token in the header, but can't find any requirements specs out there.

Answers

• moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭

So let me read a bit deeper:

"withouth having to re-auth the user"?

So, you would grab token from some OAuth provider for some OAuth Protected resource (google drive) and use it for Office365 (mail, calendar...)??

The problem will be the scope it is not the same.

• Hi moljac, not sure where you got Google from. Google has nothing to do with it.
    I use MSAL to get an Auth from my company Azure. I am trying to use that same token to open the office365 calendar or email for the user without having the user to re-enter their username/pw again.
    Hope this made it clearer. Sorry about the confusion.

• moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭

Google or not - the principle is the same. You got OAuth access_token to use "protected resource" resources (Office365). With that access_token in the same response you have obtained refresh_token. Refresh token can be used to get new access_token w/o re-authenticating.

Yes you can shoot piano player (me) that Xamarin.Auth has no API to do automatic refresh-token in the core. But it is coming. Currently it is in Xamarin.Auth.Extensions, but it is not flexible enough to make all users happy.