Inter Process Communication between Xamarin UWP app and .net framework console (service windows)

cedriccontecedricconte FRMember ✭✭
edited December 2017 in Cross Platform with Xamarin

Hi Folks,

I'm facing an issue to get manage an inter process communication between Xamarin form UWP app and .net framework console (could be a service windows).
Actually, we have an win32 application which drive an usb device and the UWP applicaton must displayed information from the usb device.
I have tried several tracks but nothing so far :

• Using HTTP communicaton doesnt work cause in UWP application the local network loopback is disable
  • Even exchange files between UWP APP / .NET APP seems impossible cause the UWP application works on a sendbox (totaly isolated)

Does anyone have already faced this issue or have an idea about it ?

Thx in advance for your help,

Regards,

Cedric

• kentuckerkentucker USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you could use a UDP socket connection https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/networking/sockets

• cedriccontecedricconte FRMember ✭✭

Unfortunately, as a consequence of network isolation, Windows disallows establishing a socket connection (Sockets or WinSock) between two UWP apps running on the same machine; whether that's via the local loopback address (127.0.0.0), or by explicitly specifying the local IP address.

So I have tried the command "CheckNetIsolation" utility to enable the loopback but even with the loopback enable (and firewall disable) I cannot get an Inter Process Communication between Xamarin UWP app and .net framework console.

Still investigating on it.