Splash Screen with Progress Bar Xamarin Forms

Is this possible to add Splash Screen in Xamarin forms with Progress Bar??

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short answer - no.

iOS and Android only allow static splash screens.

But what you can do is then display a normal screen which looks identical to the splash screen, but with a progress bar which you can update as your app initialises (if you then do time consuming stuff yourself).

This will produce a flicker on change from splash screen to progress screen, and will still have the (maybe long) time initial splash screen displays.
  • ReihanehKhaksaranReihanehKhaksaran USMember ✭✭

@Ganesamoorthi Have you found any solutions for this? I'm looking for the same thing

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@ReihanehKhaksaran said:
    @Ganesamoorthi Have you found any solutions for this? I'm looking for the same thing

See @JamesLavery 's answer above, which is correct. You start off with a static splash screen, then as the first page of your app have the animated splash screen that animates whilst you are doing any preparatory work for your app (e.g. any synchronisation with a server)

• ReihanehKhaksaranReihanehKhaksaran USMember ✭✭

@JohnHardman said:

@ReihanehKhaksaran said:

See @JamesLavery 's answer above, which is correct. You start off with a static splash screen, then as the first page of your app have the animated splash screen that animates whilst you are doing any preparatory work for your app (e.g. any synchronisation with a server)

I know, thanks, but since his answer is for almost 2 years ago, thought maybe there has been a better solution