How to connect VisualStudio with Xamarin to virtual MacOs

AdeptusAdeptus TRMember ✭✭

Hello. I need to use older version XCode for my Visual Studio Xamarin project. Is it possible to connect this project to virtual MacOS installed in Mac hardware system?

Best Answer

• AdeptusAdeptus TR ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

So finally I found answer.
    IMPORTANT this way is LEGAL ONLY if your VMWare virtual MacOs installed on Apple Hardware. Other way it's ILLEGAL. I warn you. Xamarin warn you. Apple warn you.
    To connect Visual Studio with Xamarin to MacSo VMWare virtual machine you have to use bridge connection for your virtual machine. For this go to settings of your VM and in list of hardware choose "Network Adapter". Change "Network connection" to "Bridged". Uncheck option "Replicate physical network connection state". Press Ok. Now you can power on your VM.
    If you will run "Network" on your Windows PC, you will not see the VM in the list. Only your physical machines. But it's there.
    After all this actions you can use standard way to connect to MacOs from Windows Visual Studio.

Answers

• AdeptusAdeptus TRMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

So finally I found answer.
    IMPORTANT this way is LEGAL ONLY if your VMWare virtual MacOs installed on Apple Hardware. Other way it's ILLEGAL. I warn you. Xamarin warn you. Apple warn you.
    To connect Visual Studio with Xamarin to MacSo VMWare virtual machine you have to use bridge connection for your virtual machine. For this go to settings of your VM and in list of hardware choose "Network Adapter". Change "Network connection" to "Bridged". Uncheck option "Replicate physical network connection state". Press Ok. Now you can power on your VM.
    If you will run "Network" on your Windows PC, you will not see the VM in the list. Only your physical machines. But it's there.
    After all this actions you can use standard way to connect to MacOs from Windows Visual Studio.