Exception while loading assemblies: Systme.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly

I get the following error when I try to build my android-app:

Exception while loading assemblies: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'. Perhaps it doesn't exist in the Mono for Android profile?
Dateiname: "System.Windows.Forms.dll"
bei Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil.DirectoryAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference reference, ReaderParameters parameters)
bei Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver, ICollection1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, Boolean topLevel) bei Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver, ICollection1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, Boolean topLevel)
bei Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver, ICollection1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, Boolean topLevel) bei Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver, ICollection1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, Boolean topLevel)
bei Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver, ICollection`1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, Boolean topLevel)
bei Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.Execute(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver) MyApp.Android

I know that the referenced assembly is not available for android, and that's not my question. My android project does not have a reference to this at all, so I'm curious on how to figure out where this error comes from. The project is a shared project, I've added a reference to the shared project to the android project, like it is described in the docs. Thanks for your help!

Answers