Examples of Invoke method usage

I would be really thankful if you can share your example. How can I use Invoke method? Can I find some list of methods that can be used as Invoke method parameter? I found the way to get text color on Android, but on iOS it doesn't work.
Do I need to create my own backdoors and Invoke it to get text color and other simple things?

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

One example of using Invoke to set a date in a DatePIcker, as used by me, is:

if (platform == Platform.Android)
    {
        // Wait for DatePicker animation to complete
        app.WaitForElement(x => x.Marked("dpMyDate"), "Timed out", TimeSpan.FromSeconds(timeoutSeconds));

// Invoke updateDate native Android method on displayed DatePicker
        /*
            * In the github project https://github.com/brminnick/forms-xtc-guide
            *   the parts of the date are used directly as below:
            *   app.Query(x => x.Class("DatePicker").Invoke("updateDate", date.Year, date.Month, date.Day));
            * But actually that didn't work. I don't know why but the date.Month has to be decremented.
            */
        app.Query(x => x.Class("DatePicker").Invoke("updateDate", date.Year, date.Month - 1, date.Day));

// Tap Ok button to close the DatePicker
        app.Tap("button1");
    }
    else
    {
        // Wait for DatePicker animation to complete
        app.WaitForElement(x => x.Class("UIPickerView"));

// Invoke selectRow native iOS method to set the desired date
        app.Query(x => x.Class("UIPickerView").Invoke("selectRow", date.Month - 1, "inComponent", 0, "animated", true));
        app.Query(x => x.Class("UIPickerView").Invoke("selectRow", date.Day - 1, "inComponent", 1, "animated", true));
        app.Query(x => x.Class("UIPickerView").Invoke("selectRow", date.Year - 1, "inComponent", 2, "animated", true));

// Tap Done button to close the DatePicker
        app.Tap(x => x.Class("UIToolbarTextButton"));
    }

Unfortunately, I am also looking for the list of methods that can be invoked.

• EmrahDautbegovicEmrahDautbegovic USMember ✭✭

@ShantimohanElchuri Thanks for your response. If I find out something, I'll let you know.

• AllanTeagueAllanTeague USMember

Are there any other useful examples other than a DatePicker? This one is always used and I would like to know if there is a list of Default methods listed for Invoke....