What MobileServicePushFailedException error am I getting? How do I read those?

Hey all,

I am working on an Android Xamarin Forms App that is using Azure for its back end. I have all the offline stuff working but I can not PushAsync or PullAsync. I am catching the MobileServicePushFailedExceptions (not sure why I only catch these, I just saw it somewhere), but I don't know how to read it and figure out what the exceptions are.

I found this piece of code and tried it

var errorString = string.Format("Push failed because of sync errors:
{0} errors, message: {1}", ex.PushResult.Errors.Count, ex.Message);
Debug.WriteLine(errorString + " - " + ex.PushResult.Status);
This is what I get back

[0:] Push failed because of sync errors: 2 errors, message: Push operation has failed. See the PushResult for details. - Complete

This is not really helping all that much. So then I created a foreach to run through the errors individually.

And ran this code

Debug.WriteLine("Just error: " + error);
Debug.WriteLine("Just error.RawResult: " + error.RawResult);
Debug.WriteLine("Just error.OperationKind: " + error.OperationKind);
[0:] Just error: Microsoft.WindowsAzure.MobileServices.Sync.MobileServiceTableOperationError
[0:] Just error.RawResult: {"message":"The request is invalid.","modelState":{"item.userId":["An error has occurred."]}}
[0:] Just error.OperationKind: Insert

I get that back twice. And sometimes the number of errors change. But the readouts are ALWAYS the same.

Thanks for any info you all give

Best Answer

• JohnButlerJohnButler US ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I finally figured it out!!!! Oh man.. that was over a week set back :disappointed:

For anyone looking at this with a similar problem the answer is in the "modelState" the item.userId was my issue. There was a property in my model that was not represented in the online database. So it would just fail. I wish it gave more info, but maybe people that know this stuff know how to find this and this is more than enough info for them

Answers

• JohnButlerJohnButler USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I finally figured it out!!!! Oh man.. that was over a week set back :disappointed:

For anyone looking at this with a similar problem the answer is in the "modelState" the item.userId was my issue. There was a property in my model that was not represented in the online database. So it would just fail. I wish it gave more info, but maybe people that know this stuff know how to find this and this is more than enough info for them