Mono.Android missing on MAC

IvanSusicIvanSusic USMember ✭✭
edited November 2017 in Visual Studio

Hi. Visual Studio for Mac is installed on MAC machine, and I want to debug Xamarin Forms project, actually iOS, on iOS simulator. iOS project is set as startup project, However, when start debugging, it will fail showing errors in PCL project. Actually, Mono.Android.dll is missing and I cannot find it on file system to reference it... Btw, Android SDK is not installed, but I think that should not make a problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• ChrisHamonsChrisHamons USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

This sounds like a VSfM question. I'm going to move it to the correct location.

You could consider either:

a) Fixing your install to build the android project correctly
    b) Right clicking and "unload project" on the projects you do not wish to build
    c) Figuring out in your dependency tree why your top level iOS project want to build an android one.

• IvanSusicIvanSusic USMember ✭✭
    edited November 2017

I made a mistake in original question, so I have corrected it. PCL project will not compile because mono.android.dll is missing (LayoutDirection from namespace Android.Views is used in App.cs class). And I cannot find that dll to reference it. What would be the best way to rectify this?

Good to know that. And where in VSfM can I see all component versions installed?

• ChrisHamonsChrisHamons USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Visual Studio -> About Visual Studio -> Show Details.

Thamk you so much. After installing Xamarin for Android for MAC, I was able to find and reference Mono.Android.dll.