Error java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added

SreeeeSreeee INMember ✭✭✭

Hi guys
I am new with xamarin

Getting an error like this :
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added : Landroid/support/v4/accessibilityservice/AccessibilityServiceInfoCompat; SmartTweet.Android

I update all the nuget packages, but the error still occur.

Anybody please suggest a solution

Thanks in advance... :)

Best Answers

• rakeshraghavanrakeshraghavan INMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Just remove every Xamarin.Android.Support... (and their dependencies ) in your Droid project and add them again .

Accepted Answer

Unload the android project and reload it [Right click on the android project then click unload project. After that reload the project]. Better do it for every project [IOS,Android,UWP and portable]. I guess it will resolve your issue. If still you are facing issue send me a message.

• SreeeeSreeee INMember ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@rakeshraghavan I solved it by adding the namespace to the loadapplication(). But getting System.ArgumentNullException

Also select the portable project in reference manager for android, ios and windows
    In android:

Same done at ios and windows project reference manager.

I don't know why getting this exception. Surround the loadapplication() with try catch, but not solved.
    Can you have any suggestion...

Answers

Accepted Answer

Just remove every Xamarin.Android.Support... (and their dependencies ) in your Droid project and add them again .

@rakeshraghavan I create a new project and add all the files and packages again, but after installing xam.plugin.media showing the same error.

I will remove all the android packages and try once more as you said.

Once you done. If its not working let me know

I remove all the packages and add again. It solved the previous error. But now showing an unhandled exception, I don't know at which file exception occurs. There is no clue about that in the output box.

Do you have any idea why this exception occurs?

Currently showing like this:

I try to uncheck, check and apply the configuration for the first error, but not get solved.
    Don't know what to do for solving the remaining errors? Tried a lot.

Can you help me to solve this?

Accepted Answer

Unload the android project and reload it [Right click on the android project then click unload project. After that reload the project]. Better do it for every project [IOS,Android,UWP and portable]. I guess it will resolve your issue. If still you are facing issue send me a message.

Unloading and reloading solve the last errors. Currently showing some other errors.

I search for the solution and found that add system.web.extentions reference, but there is no such reference found in my project.

Please suggest any other solution.... :)

@rakeshraghavan Unloading and reloading do not completely solve my problem, please suggest me any other solution....

edited November 12
    What is this smartTweet? Is it ur project name?.
    What project you are doing?
    Do the following steps.

Clean the solution
    Build the PCL
    Remove the PCL reference from the affected project(s)
    Re-add the PCL reference
    Build

@rakeshraghavan SmartTweet is my project name, it is an app for the tweet.

Remove the nuget packages from Portable and android and re-added them back. Still showing the same issue.

Is this a package issue? A lot of days are lost because of this issue, can you have any other suggestion for solving this?

Accepted Answer

@rakeshraghavan I solved it by adding the namespace to the loadapplication(). But getting System.ArgumentNullException

Also select the portable project in reference manager for android, ios and windows
    In android:

Same done at ios and windows project reference manager.

I don't know why getting this exception. Surround the loadapplication() with try catch, but not solved.
    Can you have any suggestion...