Font Awesome not working in iOS

ManojkumarMaliManojkumarMali USMember ✭✭✭

Hello Guys,

I am using font awesome for fonts in application.
These fonts are working fine on ios emulator,
But when I create .ipa file and install that on iPhone then those fonts are not working.
Except the font it shows "?" images.

I added "fontawesome.ttf" in resource folder.
Also edited "Info.plist" file.

Plz help me out.

Best Answers

• PawKanarekPawKanarek USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

On iOS you have to use "Real" name of font, not the filename. On windows you can check this by rightclick on font file -> Properties -> Details -> Title.

As i remember it wasn't mentioned in the tutorials to custom fonts.

• CristinaOanceaCristinaOancea USMember
    Accepted Answer

Also, for iOS, you must set FontFamily to "FontAwesome" to your graphical element. The name must be as it is set in the .ttf file (file->proprieties).

Answers

• PawKanarekPawKanarek USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

On iOS you have to use "Real" name of font, not the filename. On windows you can check this by rightclick on font file -> Properties -> Details -> Title.

As i remember it wasn't mentioned in the tutorials to custom fonts.

• ManojkumarMaliManojkumarMali USMember ✭✭✭

Thank you @PawKanarek & @tribal for your replies.

I will try your solutions....

Thanks...

Accepted Answer

Also, for iOS, you must set FontFamily to "FontAwesome" to your graphical element. The name must be as it is set in the .ttf file (file->proprieties).

• NamyslawSzymaniukNamyslawSzymaniuk USMember ✭✭✭

@CristinaOancea said:

Nope, it can be also OTF, it doesn't matter.

Sure, OTF as well. I was referring to the name of the font as it is mention in the file. For example i am using ionicons font, i have ionicons.ttf file, mention it in infoplist and FontFamily="Ionicons" (with caps).

@NamyslawSzymaniuk said:

@CristinaOancea said:

Nope, it can be also OTF, it doesn't matter.