Please install package `GPS AppIndexing' in the SDK Installer

I updated Xamarin and Xamarin.Android, and now none of my Android projects build.

I get the error:

: Error XA5207: Please install package: 'GPS AppIndexing' available in SDK installer. Java library file .local/share/Xamarin/GooglePlayServices.AppIndexing/25.0.0/embedded/classes.jar doesn't exist. (XA5207).

There is no GPS AppIndexing package in the SDK Installer, and nothing labelled Google Play Services * similar to this.

Not sure how to continue.

Tagged:

Answers

• GuyProvostGuyProvost CAMember ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015

@EdwardFleming.1857 How did you manage to solve this issue ? Or have you ?

• EdwardFleming.1857EdwardFleming.1857 USMember ✭✭

GPS AppIndexing is actually on nuget, not in the SDK manager.

Try upgrading your Google Play Services component to v25.0.0, and it should do it automatically.

It didn't work automatically for me, so I ended up:

deleting ~/.local/share/Xamarin/GooglePlayServices.AppIndexing, as well as /obj/ bin/ package/ and components/ from within my project.

I also removed all the google play services stuff from packages.config (which is faster than removing them one by one through Xamarin Studio). This is just a text file, and I was able to open it in a text editor.

I then reopend the project in Xamarin Studio, and after re-adding GPS again (v25) it finally worked.

Hope that helps!

• GuyProvostGuyProvost CAMember ✭✭✭

@EdwardFleming.1857 Funny... I've just posted a long post about my experience and end up doing more or so what you did. http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/46871/confused-sdk-installer#latest

I did end up adding GooglePlayServices stuff from the SDK manager though... Have no clue if it's was needed! Hope someone with more knowledge than I read this post and take the time to actually explained it to me!

I didn't know that by removing the GooglePlay stuff from the packages.config file I'd end up doing it faster! Thanks for the hint!

• ChristianBrChristianBr CHMember

@EdwardFleming.1857 said:

Try upgrading your Google Play Services component to v25.0.0, and it should do it automatically.

deleting ~/.local/share/Xamarin/GooglePlayServices.AppIndexing, as well as /obj/ bin/ package/ and components/ from within my project.

I also removed all the google play services stuff from packages.config (which is faster than removing them one by one through Xamarin Studio). This is just a text file, and I was able to open it in a text editor.

I then reopend the project in Xamarin Studio, and after re-adding GPS again (v25) it finally worked.

Hope that helps!

Thank you, @EdwardFlemming!
    In Windows, deleting the folder c:\users\myUsername\AppData\Local\Xamarin\GooglePlayServices.AppIndexing and reopening and rebuilding the solution in Visual Studio did it for me. After the rebuild, the folder was magically recreated, this time including the embedded subfolder.

• emysa341emysa341 USMember

I was working on mac with windows 8 in Vmware, Now I changed my computer, installed everything on new computer, Now I am getting following, I guess these errors are related to to above discussion but unfortunately I couldn't figure out the solution, please help

Error 1 Please install package: 'GPS Base' available in SDK installer. Java library file C:\Users\makhan\AppData\Local\Xamarin\GooglePlayServices.Base\25.0.0\embedded\classes.jar doesn't exist. myplano.android

Error 2 Please install package: 'GPS Base' available in SDK installer. Android resource directory C:\Users\makhan\AppData\Local\Xamarin\GooglePlayServices.Base\25.0.0\embedded./ doesn't exist. myplano.android
    Error 3 Please install package: 'GPS GCM' available in SDK installer. Java library file

C:\Users\makhan\AppData\Local\Xamarin\GooglePlayServices.Gcm\25.0.0\embedded\classes.jar doesn't exist. myplano.android

Error 4 Please install package: 'GPS GCM' available in SDK installer. Android resource directory C:\Users\makhan\AppData\Local\Xamarin\GooglePlayServices.Gcm\25.0.0\embedded./ doesn't exist. myplano.android

• ZlatanZlatan SEMember

@emysa341 I used the same solution as @EdwardFleming recommended. I deleted the following directories:

C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Xamarin\GooglePlayServices.Basement
    C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Xamarin\GooglePlayServices.Maps

Then did a rebuild of the solution and it was fixed.

• rhino-coreyrhino-corey USMember ✭✭

@Zlatan said:
    @emysa341 I used the same solution as @EdwardFleming recommended. I deleted the following directories:

C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Xamarin\GooglePlayServices.Basement
    C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Xamarin\GooglePlayServices.Maps

Then did a rebuild of the solution and it was fixed.

This worked for me also. Thanks!

• jimbeijimbei USMember ✭✭

@EdwardFleming.1857 said:

Hope that helps!

Thanks for this!