How to link app to Calabash when there is UI test solution but no app solution.

AsatoAsato USMember

I tried to set up Xamarin UI test for my app in real device. I have .ipa only, but no source code. When I star the app, the error as following. Any help is appreciated!

SetUp : System.Exception : Unable to contact test backend running in app. A common cause is that the app is not properly linked with Calabash. Please verify that it includes the Calabash component.

at Xamarin.UITest.iOS.iOSAppLauncher.EnsureCalabashRunning (Xamarin.UITest.iOS.ICalabashConnection connection) [0x0000e] in :0
at Xamarin.UITest.iOS.iOSAppLauncher.LaunchApp (Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.IiOSAppConfiguration appConfiguration, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Http.HttpClient httpClient, Xamarin.UITest.TestCloud.TestCloudiOSAppConfiguration testCloudAppConfiguration, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Http.HttpClient testCloudWsClient, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Http.HttpClient xtcServicesClient, System.Boolean testCloudUseDeviceAgent) [0x00091] in :0
at Xamarin.UITest.iOS.iOSApp..ctor (Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.IiOSAppConfiguration appConfiguration, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Execution.IExecutor executor) [0x002de] in :0
at Xamarin.UITest.iOS.iOSApp..ctor (Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.IiOSAppConfiguration appConfiguration) [0x00000] in :0
at Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.iOSAppConfigurator.StartApp (Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.AppDataMode appDataMode) [0x00017] in :0
at aeuitest.Tests.BeforeEachTest () [0x00001] in /Users/yingying.tan/Downloads/AgentEdge/aeuitest/Tests.cs:30
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00032] in /private/tmp/source-mono-2017-02/bockbuild-2017-02/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-x86/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:305

Answers

• SebastianSeidel.9226SebastianSeidel.9226 DEInsider, University ✭✭✭✭

To use Test Cloud with an iOS app, you need to add the "Xamarin Test Cloud Agent" to the app. If you only have the ipa you need to ask the developer to add this package and rebuild the app to generate a new ipa.

• I am using a .app file and I get the same error. The app I am testing was not built with Xamarin. The simulator boots up locally (which I want) and the app loads but the test does not run. Its says...

SetUp : System.Exception : Unable to contact test backend running in app. A common cause is that the app is not properly linked with Calabash. Please verify that it includes the Calabash component.