Forum Xamarin.Forms

SignaturePad JPG image has black background

using SignaturePad.Xamarin.Forms.PCL

When trying to save a JPG from the SignaturePad it is saved with a black background no matter what background color I specify in the signature pad

A PNG saves properly with transparency and in the JPG I also see the signature if I use a stroke color other than black

Looks like there is an issue with the transparency not being converted to the background color

I do need a JPG in this case so the question is is there something I can do to make the JPG have a white background?

thanks

Mike

Best Answer

Answers

• MichaelSalzlechnerMichaelSalzlechner USMember ✭✭

thanks Matthew

that did the trick.

• miguelitoBarreramiguelitoBarrera ESMember ✭✭

Thank you very much mattleibow

• lai0723lai0723 Member ✭✭

I tried to get the image and convert to byte after that send to web server but the image become all black out

• lai0723lai0723 Member ✭✭

oh nvm , i solve it by using mattleibow method, thanks this method save my day.....

• TowfiqueTowfique Member ✭✭

Hi, I am using xamarin.controls.SignaturePadView, for extracting signature. I am exporting it with GetImageStreamAsync(SignatureImageFormat.Png, Color.Black, Color.Transparent ,.....). I have set FillColor transparent as I need to set the signature only not with background. Now the problem is, when user is about to select the signature from internal storage, the whole image is black, once it is selected signature place nicely without any background. I want that the user can see the writing before it is selected. When it is selected signature will be placed, but obviously without any fill color, only the stroke(signature). How can I solve the issue? Please any body has any idea share! thank you