Forum Xamarin.iOS

Is it possible to notify users based their locations even if app is terminated?

tanriverditanriverdi USMember ✭✭
edited October 2017 in Xamarin.iOS

Hello all...

I'm working on an application that users can register specific locations as checkpoints and visit other locations. I want to notify users when they are close to these locations even app is terminated. I can monitor the location in foreground and background but I couldn't find any solution to warn them when application is not running.

Regards.

Answers

• tanriverditanriverdi USMember ✭✭
    Anybody with answers?
  • JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@tanriverdi This isn't really a Xamarin question, its a question of does iOS support that. I suggest you google for answers to that iOS question, and then if it is possible, look at how you would do it with Xamarin.

I'm developing this app with Xamarin so I want to learn how to do it if it is possible.

@tanriverdi Xamarin can do everything that ObjC can do, so you need to find out if it is possible in iOS first.

According to apple documentation, it is possible. I just dont know how to do it in Xamarin.

edited October 2017

Ok, do you have example code in ObjC? If so, translate it!
    If the Apple docs say it is possible, surely it also provides instructions, no?

I would translate it if i found any. What do you trying to achieve? If you know the answer, help me.

Im trying to help you help yourself. I don't know the answer, but if I had a requirement for this the first thing I would do is check that iOS can do it or not. If it can, I would google for an ObjC example or solution to the problem. I would read that, understand what it does, then translate it to C#.

You flagged my post as abuse? Really? In what way was I abusive?