Xamarin forms IOS and Android multiple image capture using camera.

I have created a application using xamarin forms. I want to implement multiple image capture in both IOS and android using camera. I used media plugin for single image capture. But as an enhancement i need to capture multiple images and save it . Any plugin/way to implement multiple capture ?

Answers

• N_BauaN_Baua INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @rakeshraghavan,

Unfortunately there is no XF way to do it.
    Though android has an open source project, you might have interest in.

Hope it helps.

-- N Baua

• rakeshraghavanrakeshraghavan INMember ✭✭

Thanks Nhilesh . But i need it for xamarin forms. Is anyone can help me out? I am struggling for last one week.

• N_BauaN_Baua INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah that's awful,
    what I would suggest you to do then, use the Camera plug-in and hold the selected file as ImageSource properties bound to a collection (you can have them preview in a ListView or something too) and let the user select one by one.

Alternatively scavenge the user's device for images and load them in ListView and later read them as an ImageSource to process as you wish as per user's selection.

In both of the above approaches, you might want to write a renderer and OS specific code, yet the solution would be cross-platform and done in XF way.

N Baua

• rakeshraghavanrakeshraghavan INMember ✭✭

In my gallery if i have 100 images how i will select 10 images from that. Its not easy for the user. I can write specific code for android to implement this using MediaStore.IntentActionStillImageCamera. But in IOS what i can do?