Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Acr.XamForms.UserDialogs.Toast customizing the UI apperance

AsankaAsanka USMember ✭✭

Hi Guys

We have been using the Acr.XamForms.UserDialogs.Toast across all our apps and we would like to customize the UI appearance (background colour , font size , font colour, rounded corners, etc.) to match the app UI. Has any one done this ? any info pointing to correct direction is much appreciated.

Regards
Asanka

• TektonTekton USMember ✭✭✭

@Asanka I think you'd need to fork the repo and make changes that way. Here's where the Acr iOS stuff is: https://github.com/aritchie/userdialogs/tree/master/src/Acr.UserDialogs.iOS/MessageBar

• AllanRitchie-oldAllanRitchie-old CAInsider ✭✭✭

Acr.xamforms.userdialogs was replaced by Acr.userdialogs some time ago. It is probably better to implement look and feel using themes and the new toast functionality. You won't be able to do much on the native dialogs especially on iOS

• AsankaAsanka USMember ✭✭

@Tekton and @AllanRitchie , thank you guys will let you guys know if I have issues

Thanks
    Asanka

• nathan187nathan187 USMember ✭✭

I am trying to create a new application by trying to understand the IOC/Autofac coding in a previous project.

It's annoying trying to find out where things have moved, what's available...etc.

Bottom lin, what happened to the IUserdialogService?

This is needed (previously) for IoC / Autofac.

• LucioMSPLucioMSP MXUniversity ✭✭✭

Try this:

var toastConfig = new ToastConfig(message);
    toastConfig.SetDuration(3000);
    toastConfig.SetBackgroundColor(System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(103, 194, 239));

UserDialogs.Instance.Toast(toastConfig);