Identify GPS is enabled or not

KarthikRamKarthikRam USMember ✭✭

Dear Team,

I would like to place a prompt where it identifies if user has disabled GPS or not. If GPS is enabled, I would like to open a page. If its disbaled, I would like to show a prompt to tell user to enable GPS and then open. Please let me know how to acheive the same

Answers

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you have to do this with DependencyService.

For Example, this code should test if GPS is enabled, otherwise open the panel to enable it

(For Android)

public class Gps : IGps
    {
        public Gps ()
        {
        }

public void View(){
            LocationManager locationManager = (LocationManager)Forms.Context.GetSystemService(Context.LocationService);

if (locationManager.IsProviderEnabled(LocationManager.GpsProvider) == false)
            {
                Intent gpsSettingIntent = new Intent(Settings.ActionLocationSourceSettings);
                Forms.Context.StartActivity(gpsSettingIntent);
            }
        }
    }

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

for iOS I think it's not possible...

• jackfidojackfido USMember

I suppose because iOS has a GPS and has not providers like Android, I mean, in android providers can select if their devices has or not GPS

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@KarthikRam - I know this is an old thread, but in case you haven't implemented this yet - take a look at https://github.com/jamesmontemagno/PermissionsPlugin - the Location permission is probably what you want to check.