Xamarin.Auth without CustomTabs?

Can anyone point me to an example of how to use Xamarin.Auth without CustomTabs on Android?
I currently have an app that's running sdk version 16, and moving up to 23 just knocks out too many user devices to be viable.

Thanks,
D

Answers

• DavidBlankleyDavidBlankley USMember ✭✭

Something like this would be nice, but of course doesn't work because Google turned off webview.
    https://github.com/jsauve/OAuthTwoDemo.XForms

• moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭

@DavidBlankley

Can anyone point me to an example of how to use Xamarin.Auth without CustomTabs on Android?

The only difference between Native UI (CustomTabs) and Embedded WebViews is in constructor. Just set isUsingNativeUI to false and you are good to go.

https://github.com/moljac/Xamarin.Auth.Samples.NugetReferences/tree/master/Xamarin.Forms/Evolve16Labs

This is Xamarin.Forms sample with very primitive UI for switching between NativeUI and Embedded WebViews.
    Try it out and you will see the different google responses...

• Emixam23Emixam23 USMember ✭✭✭

Doesn't work since google doesn't authorize the use of OAuth through web-view.. It has to be used only from browsers..

@moljac
    Thanks for posting this. I finally have been able to circle back to this part of my app.

I'm having trouble getting the current version of the app on GitHub to compile.
    In particular, it is missing Portable\MainPage.ButtonMeetUpClick.xaml.cs and Portable\MainPage.LinkedinClick.xaml.cs

Look forward to seeing this in action. Dave

Ok. I got this running. There seem to be a couple of old libraries included, or that aren't in NuGet. Removing them seems to be ok as the app runs.

The google stuff takes me to a "UserAgent" page, rather than the google login. I'll try and find some time to understand what's happening here next.

@moljac - which settings of the app enable a functioning android oauth connection to Google (per my original question)?
    I think I've hit all the iterations without success...
    Thanks. D