how to disable edit button which comes in more navigation in a tab bar in xamarin forms ?

Hi there.. i am currently working on xamarin forms project. In my app i have a tab bar .. in the tabbar i have more tabs .. so in those tabs i have a more button in ios.. in that more button when i click that button there is a edit button is coming which is not neccessary .. this happens in ios .. could you please help me to remove that "Edit button" in the more navigationbar for xamarin forms .. Thanks in advance ..

Answers

• rene_ruppertrene_ruppert DEXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

This is a feature of iOS and allows your users to customise the tab bar. They can add buttons form the "more" menu into the bar for direct access.

You'll have to create a X.Forms Effect to set the native UITabBarController's CustomizableViewControllers property to an empty array.

• YasodharKadiyalaYasodharKadiyala USUniversity

Thanks for your reply René Ruppert .. by using this can we hide more button also ... and my exact requirement is i need to hide more button and i need to show the all tabs which appear same as in android .. can you help for this .. Thanks in advance

• rene_ruppertrene_ruppert DEXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

You cannot do this. iOS can fit a maximum of 5 buttons on iPhone. You will need to come up with a custom solution if you want the same behaviour as on Android. Typically it is not a good idea to force one platform's UI/UX on another platform.

• YasodharKadiyalaYasodharKadiyala USUniversity

Thanks for your answer René Ruppert ... if possible can you send code for hiding the edit button in More Navigationbar ? It would very helpful for me