Forum Xamarin.Android

How to point users current location on google maps in xamarin android

Hello all,
I am developing an application similar to taxi booking application in which i want to access users current location and show it on google maps, calculate the distance between two locations and time required for that distance. I have gone through links available on developer.xamarin.com where i get the help for either to display google maps with fix location or to display only the coordinates but it is not given that how to use those coordinates with google maps.

Please help me.

Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• stvansolanostvansolano UMInsider, University ✭✭✭

Hello @Adityadesai have you tried the location services documentation for Android?

Hope it helps

• AdityadesaiAdityadesai INMember ✭✭

@stvansolano said:
    Hello @Adityadesai have you tried the location services documentation for Android?

Hope it helps

Hello Thanx for your help and it works for me but the problem is it shows location when it changes.
    I mean when i deploy application on my mobile it just shows default text i.e Location (when available) and when i start walking it gives me changed latitude and longitude.
    I want to ask is there any way to get location even if i didn't change location for first time.
    I think it shows location when OnLocationChanged(Location l) is executed.

• I have got the latitude/longitude values of the user in API which I'm using. But how to display that users location on Google Map using this values ?? I'm new to xamarin, any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.