Error Attribute "buttonSize" already defined error in xamarin forms

ShamnadShamnad USMember ✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in Xamarin.Forms

Hi friends,
My xamarin forms project am getting a strange issue if anyone got this issue before, please help he to resolve
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error Attribute "buttonSize" already defined with incompatible format. eoTouchApp.Droid E:\office\working copy\fromUS\eoTouchApp\eoTouchApp.Droid\obj\Debug\resourcecache\5341E48E22B2B5D6FA5EDA719C18B9ED\res\values\base_attrs.xml12

"Attribute "buttonSize" already defined "
am using vis2015 for development ,

XamarinForms 2.3.3.193
XamarinFormsMap 2.3.3.193
xam.plugin.Geolocater 3.0.4
let me know any idea how to resolve this issue

Best Answer

• ShamnadShamnad US ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017 Accepted Answer

I resolved by removing all NuGet package and install all NuGet according to the compatibility. The issue was NuGet is not compactable to Xamarin.forms version

Answers

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shamnad

I have all those same versions and am not seeing it.

• ShamnadShamnad USMember ✭✭✭

@ClintStLaurent Hi thanks for responding for me, which SDK version you are using is there any chance to a problem with the sdk version?

edited February 2017

@Shamnad

You did follow James Montemagmo's prep for updating guide, right?

http://motzcod.es/

@ClintStLaurent Yes I do that, do you have any idea about this issue?

Sorry no. I've worked on existing projects from before the update, and create new after the update. No issues.

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@Shamnad - Just hit the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Problem solved. I had got into the Xamarin.Forms equivalent of DLL hell. After upgrading various NuGet packages I hit this bug - https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=54383 and so downgraded various NuGet packages again. That's when the error described in this thread appeared. I then rolled back my Android csproj file to how it was before I had started upgrading the NuGet packages. That's all it needed.

@JohnHardman am still having that issue please help me to resolve this issue. is that a dll issue , how we can resolve

@Shamnad - For me, it was a problem of incompatible NuGets and a failure of downgrading NuGets to reverse a change in a csproj file. To resolve it, I downgraded recently upgraded NuGets, then checked the Android csproj file. I found the Android csproj file still contained a reference to a newer version of a NuGet than what I then had installed. I manually fixed the version number in the csproj file, after which it worked fine.

If nothing else, check the csproj file to see what versions it is referencing for the NuGets that you have installed. If they are incorrect, fix them. You'll want to open the csproj file in an editor, rather than using the project properties pane.

edited September 2017 Accepted Answer

I resolved by removing all NuGet package and install all NuGet according to the compatibility. The issue was NuGet is not compactable to Xamarin.forms version