Forum Visual Studio

keystores are created but not listed to choose from

Hi,
While trying to sign an archived android xamarin app as ad-hoc, I come across the keystore creation. The process goes smoothly but when I press "Create", the keystore list stays empty while the keystore files are generated.

When I choose to import the keystore, it also doesn't show any imported keystore and it shows no errors!

What is the solution for this issues?

Best Answer

• SALEHALMAGHRABISALEHALMAGHRABI USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Never mind. The problem was with the local calendar which was Hijri. I changed the calendar to Gregorian and list is shown now!

Answers

This is the list:

Accepted Answer
    Never mind. The problem was with the local calendar which was Hijri. I changed the calendar to Gregorian and list is shown now!
  • prashantvcprashantvc USXamarin Team Xamurai

@SALEHALMAGHRABI that's an interesting problem.
    Were the keystores created with calendar set to Gregorian? I wonder how the calendar setting affect this?

Could you mind sharing the detailed steps to reproduce this scenario?

> @prashantvc said:
    > @SALEHALMAGHRABI that's an interesting problem.
    > Were the keystores created with calendar set to Gregorian? I wonder how the calendar setting affect this?
    >
    > Could you mind sharing the detailed steps to reproduce this scenario?

The issue is as follows:
    1-change you calendar of your system to anything of your choice but it has to be different than the Gregorian (in my case in was the Hijri calendar which is year 1438 now)
    2-try to create a keystore
    3-key stores will be created in thier respected folders but won't show in the keystore list
    4-change the calendar of your system back to Gregorian and the keystore list will be populated by keystore created from the other calendar
    Note: in my case, those keystores were corrupted because they were dated prior to 1900.

How did I discovered the solution?
    I read Xamarin log files and saw error related to date, something like "... Prior to 1900 ...". I then looked at the date in right corner of my system's screen and directly figured it out!