Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Displaying an Image from platform-specific url

I'm using James Montemagno's stellar Media plugin to get images in my forms app. My intended behavior is to save the image to the platform's photo stream once the user selects or takes a picture. The plugin handles this quite perfectly, but returns a URI that looks like this on iOS (I haven't tested Android yet).

assets-library://asset/asset.JPG?id=1C99FB40-D50E-4F50-90F3-538C1645327A&ext=JPG

This, unfortunately, does not work in its current form for a Xamarin.Forms ImageSource input. I've tried grabbing the file using ImageSource.FromFile and ImageSource.FromResource, and neither worked. What do I have to do in order to display this image given just the platform-specific gallery uri?