ACR SignaturePad events

Hi!

Im using ACR SignaturePad But i would like to handle the "OnDrawStart" and "OnDrawEnd" events.
Have you got any idea how can i do it?
Thanks for the replies! :)

Best Answer

Answers

• AlmaJensen.9398AlmaJensen.9398 USMember ✭✭✭

As I recall ACR Signature Pad was deprecated and no longer supported after someone from Xamarin came up with one. I've tried using that one and a couple others that are floating around out there and most are no longer supported, and one might work on one platform but not on another. It seems like after letting Xamarin's signature pad sit for a couple of years I think they put an intern on it and fixed a bunch of issues. After that the Xamarin Signature pad is the only one I've been able to get to work right on all the platforms.

https://components.xamarin.com/gettingstarted/signature-pad

Sorry I know that wasn't a direct answer to your question. But getting back to what you are asking how are you intending to handle them? Are you trying to deal with them using mvvm and xaml, are you doing everything in code?

If you're doing everything in code you can just subscribe to the event.

In Xaml, what I do is create my own control that inherits from from the control I want to use and then create a bindable Command property that's subscribed to the event. That way I can then bind a Command in my Xaml to be triggered when the event occurs.

Triggers might help as well,

I'll need more information about what you're doing if I'm to be of any more help.

• SzabolcsLibaSzabolcsLiba USMember ✭✭
    edited August 2017

Thank you for fast reply.

My ACR signature pad looks like:
    SignaturePadView sign;

Aftert that i listening the IsBlank property in ctor because there no OnDrawEnd and OnDrawStart events :(

Device.StartTimer(new TimeSpan(0, 0, 0, 0, 100), () =>
                    {
                        IsBlank = sign.IsBlank;
                        return true;
                    });

I think it's pretty dirty :)

• mattleibowmattleibow ZAXamarin Team Xamurai
    Accepted Answer

Hi @AlmaJensen.9398 @SzabolcsLiba. Xamarin let the SignaturePad repo sit - because I wasn't there yet :smile: I am no intern :wink:, so I think I can say it is now going strong again.

I did a total re-write so it is brand-spanking-new, and I put in a great new set of features. Also, we now support all mobile .NET platforms. All. I have been watching the repo, forum posts and issues to make sure that I fix things as soon as possible. If you find any bugs (I am sure there are none :smile:), just open a new issue. The same goes for any new features - I will evaluate and implement.

If you switch the official (an better I might add) version, you get access to some events. Check out this thread for something that you may like: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/287009#Comment_287009

Links:

• AlmaJensen.9398AlmaJensen.9398 USMember ✭✭✭

@mattleibow Thanks it's an awesome control. I had the misfortune of trying to use it a few times during the period when there was little or no support on that control. It's good to have that being supported again.