Forum Xamarin Test Cloud (Read Only)
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Getting error, Failed Connecting to App: error: device '192.168.230.101:5555' not found

Hi,
I am using Visual Studio 2017 , Enterprise edition and Xamarin Test Recorder. I have a Genymotion emulator and I have a APK file installed and running in the Simulator. I want to use Xamarin Test Recorder to automate my UI Tests. But when I give the path to the apk file in AppInitializer.cs, click on the 'Record New test' button and select my APK file, I get the error: Failed Connecting to App: error: device '192.168.230.101:5555' not found
I checked that the device is connected using 'adb devices' command in the command prompt and it showed the running emulator device.
How can I resolve the issue?
Please help!!!

Answers

• Kent.GreenKent.Green USXamarin Team Xamurai
    What is the output displayed when you call 'adb devices'?
  • SameerDixitSameerDixit INMember ✭✭

Hi Kent,
    I am getting the list of devices attached. In my case getting the ''192.168.230.101:5555 device''(the device running on the emulator).

This is urgent!! Any help is appreciated.

My Xamarin version is 1.0.55 and Test Recorder version is 0.4.5