Has anyone been successful launching a Xamarin.iOS app on iOS 11 Beta?

I understand iOS 11 is not supported yet, however I'm trying to get a feel for what other users have experienced. I've loaded an iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 11 Beta 2 to gage the impact of the pending update only to find that our Xamarin apps are crashing after the Launch Screen. This includes 2 versions of Xamarin Apps that we developed that were downloaded from the app store, A few that are hosted on Hockey App and a Xamarin MonoCatalog demo (https://github.com/xamarin/ios-samples/tree/master/MonoCatalog-MonoDevelop) that was previously built and pushed to the device before the upgrade.
i have since upgraded to beta 3 with the same result.

Is this everyone's experience at this point?

Thanks

Mike

Tagged:

Best Answers

• chrishollanderchrishollander US ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

My app essentially crashes immediately as well, since iOS 11 beta 2 (worked fine in the first beta).

• MatteoMonizzaMatteoMonizza IT ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

With iOS 11 beta 4 all works fine

Answers

• chrishollanderchrishollander USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

My app essentially crashes immediately as well, since iOS 11 beta 2 (worked fine in the first beta).

• SGTHollySGTHolly USMember

I am also having the same issue with our app crashing immediately upon launch since Developer's beta 2.

• MichaelFoderaMichaelFodera USMember
    Thanks for the replies. This has been making us a bit anxious seeing how historically Apple releases new versions of iOS officially in September and there is radio silence on this issue.
  • MatteoMonizzaMatteoMonizza ITBeta ✭✭

Also here since beta 2

• MatteoMonizzaMatteoMonizza ITBeta ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

With iOS 11 beta 4 all works fine

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I had beta 2 on one of my devices and my apps work fine. Didn't realise beta 4 was out! Will check that too.

• MichaelFoderaMichaelFodera USMember
    I downloaded iOS 11 last night. I was very happy to see my production apps working. My dev apps on the other hand are still crashing. Most likely a signing issue.
    Xamarin has made an early beta available that supported Xcode 9 beta 3 about a week ago outside of the normal alpha / beta channels. I'm going to give it a shot today
    https://releases.xamarin.com/preview-xcode-9-beta-3-ios-11-macos-10-13-support-preview-1/