Why are the classes and members on my cross platform project a subset of my Droid and iOS projects?

Hi, I'm a newbie to Xamarin and trying to understand why the classes and methods on my cross platform project are a subset of what is available on my Droid and iOS projects.

For example, in my cross platform project, WebHeaderCollection doesn't have the Add method whereas in the Droid and iOS projects it does. Similarly, HttpWebRequest doesn't contain GetRequestStream on my cross platform project but it is available on Droid and iOS. The class Ping is available to my Droid and iOS projects but not to my cross platform project.

My current guess is that it's something to do with the Target Framework that I've chosen, which in this case is .NET Portable: PCL 4.5 - Profile111.

For what it's worth, I've worked around the above mentioned issues but it'd be good to have an explanation as to why these methods are missing when the Xamarin documentation suggests they should be available.

Thanks
Ian

Answers

• kentuckerkentucker USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Profile 111 supports windows phone which does not have the methods

• IanPozzIanPozz GBMember

@kentucker said:
    Profile 111 supports windows phone which does not have the methods

Thanks for the response. Is there a resource that lists what is/isn't available for the different profiles?